Location: Owerri, Imo
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer by statute
- He is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College Library and Coordination of the Library services in the Teaching Units of the College.
Among others, some specific duties of the College Librarian include:
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements
- Preparation of library budgets
- Giving professional advice on Library matters
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- A candidate with 18 years cognate experience
- Must have a minimum of MLS with at least Relevant publications in journals and Textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the point of submission of application.
Condition of Service
- Appointment to the above position is by tenure of five years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names (surname underlined)
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Current postal address and Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with Membership of Professional Association Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer, status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 1033, Owerri,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview.