Department: Atiku Center (AENEN)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Three (3) Years
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded “Addressing education in North East Nigeria”
- The project is intended to develop and strengthen the education system in Adamawa and Gombe States which will enable it to deliver access to high quality education options that respond to the needs of all children without burdening it with addition cost that will result if parallel systems are created.
- The project will work with state partners and national and international academic institutions to analyze and understand the situation, prepare strategies for various scenarios and test and apply the best fit purpose in each situation. In 3 years, the project will reach 200 schools, 5000 teachers and over 200,000 learners.
Summary of Position
- The M&E Assistant will report to the Snr. M&E officer. They will be responsible for administering tools, collecting and entering classroom and school data as well as conduct basic analysis.
- They will also be responsible for supporting senior staff during workshops.
- BSC Mathematics/Statistics/ITC required
- L2 years’ experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Knowledge of local language preferred
- Good IT skills needed
- Ability to use excel and similar software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.