Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a leading educational institution with a group of schools comprising of primary, secondary and tertiary schools is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a visual art educator in a primary section.
- Establish and communicate clear learning objectives and develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the goal of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their artistic abilities inform students about cultural and historical influences on art today.
- Encourage students to understand and appreciate art, express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process assess.
- Appraise students by evaluating student’s performance on a regular basis.
- Prepare progress reports of students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate.
- Instill student’s interest in arts.
- Present art displays of students.
- Use a range of instructional techniques and media consistent with available resources and student needs and capabilities expand the students’ use of individual and collaborative strategies to generate concepts and ideas.
- Incorporate new technologies and tools in the creative process teach students how to identify elements and techniques used to create concepts
- Develop an aesthetic understanding and appreciation that allow students to make qualitative judgments about art enable students to create a functional portfolio of their art works.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare art displays and exhibitions for the school and community
- Assist students with effective display and presentation of their works
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, under painting and mono-printing.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after school art club.
- B.Sc. Degree in Fine Arts or any related Degree.
- Postgraduate Degree in Education is a big plus.
- At least 4 – 8 years post N.Y.S.C experience in teaching Fine Art in a reputable institution.
- Excellent knowledge in art.
- Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching art at the required level
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results
- IT savvy.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Visual Arts Educator-Abuja” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidate will be considered.