Job ref.: MGMTA01642
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
- Creative is seeking an Assessment and Standards Advisor for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Assessment and Standards Advisor will be responsible for coordinating the development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria.
- The advisor will work closely with the project technical teams to provide technical guidance and support field activities to improve teachers’ ability to use continuous assessment and assess their progress; improve reading standards and benchmarks; and strengthen school monitoring practices.
- S/he will also work closely with the Ministry of Education in the areas of student assessment and reading standards and benchmark setting and dissemination.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Coordinate the development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria;
- Integrate reading standards and benchmarks and relevant student assessment-related content into the project-related workshops, trainings and other events and ensure its wide dissemination;
- Support the Ministry of Education and partner organizations in the review and revision of reading standards and benchmarks;
- Managing support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities teams in the areas of continuous assessment, school monitoring, and standards and benchmark-setting;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc.;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in education;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.