- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the Polytechnic Library He! she is responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Polytechnic Library.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree not lower than Second Class Lower and a Masters degree in Library Science from recognized Universities with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience or Ph. D with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience.
- Evidence of membership of professional library body is a must e.g. Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- There must be evidence of at least 12 Journal publications, 21 Seminar/Conference Papers.
- He/she must have been a Chief Librarian in the Polytechnic system for at least five (5) years and not more than fifty-nine (59) years at the time of applying for the position.
- He/she must provide sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publications in reputable pear. reviewed outlets both within and outside the Country.
- He/she must be proficient in ICT packages.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment will be for a term of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
The salary is consolidated and conditions of service are at par with those in all other Federal Polytechnics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of Certificates and other relevant credentials giving information in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first) in capital letters;
- Place and date of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Marital Status;
- Current Contact Address/GSM Numbers/e -mail Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Local Government of Origin;
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates;
- Academic and professional Qualifications obtained with Dates;
- Working Experience including full details of former and present duties with dates;
- Membership of relevant Professional Bodies;
- List of Publications where applicable;
- Present Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary
- Evidence of Community service;
- Mission Statement/Proposal to move the institution forward;
- Major professional achievements;
- Extra-Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. Each Referee to forward directly to the Registrar the Confidential Report on the applicants character, academic and managerial competence in a sealed envelope marked ‘Referee” at the top left corner.
Applications should be forwarded by hand or post in a sealed envelope marked “Post of a Registrar” On the top left side of the envelope to:
Federal Polytechnic Ukana,
P. M. B. 2014, Ikot Ekpene,
Akwa Ibom State.