- The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He/she is the chief Administrative officer of the Polytechnic and responsible to the Rector for the day-today administration of the Polytechnic.
- He/she shall be the Secretary to the Polytechnic Governing Council, the Academic Board and other Statutory Committees of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A good honours degree with at least second class Lower Division in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Arts or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience; or a holder of Masters degree plus at least 15 years cognate experience or a Doctorate degree plus at least 12 years experience in institution of higher learning preferable in a Polytechnic.
- Membership of recognized relevant professional body such as Nigerian Institute of Management, institute of Corporate Administration etc.
- The Candidate must show evidence of good leadership and must have been a Deputy Registrar for at least five (5) years in institution of higher learning.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of applying for the position.
- Must be proficient in ICT packages.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health with evidence from Government Hospital.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity.
- Must be intellectually and professionally sound.
- Must be versed in the Public Service Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Must be loyal and able to assist the Chief Executive, the Polytechnic Governing Council and the Academic Board in formulating sound academic and administrative policies.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment will be for a term of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
The salary is consolidated and conditions of service are at par with those in all other Federal Polytechnics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of Certificates and other relevant credentials giving information in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first) in capital letters;
- Place and date of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Marital Status;
- Current Contact Address/GSM Numbers/e -mail Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Local Government of Origin;
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates;
- Academic and professional Qualifications obtained with Dates;
- Working Experience including full details of former and present duties with dates;
- Membership of relevant Professional Bodies;
- List of Publications where applicable;
- Present Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary
- Evidence of Community service;
- Mission Statement/Proposal to move the institution forward;
- Major professional achievements;
- Extra-Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. Each Referee to forward directly to the Registrar the Confidential Report on the applicants character, academic and managerial competence in a sealed envelope marked ‘Referee” at the top left corner.
Applications should be forwarded by hand or post in a sealed envelope marked “Post of a Registrar” On the top left side of the envelope to:
Federal Polytechnic Ukana,
P. M. B. 2014, Ikot Ekpene,
Akwa Ibom State.