Location: Lekki/Ajah, Lagos
- The Counsellor will be primarily responsible for reducing the distress and improving the psychological well-being of clients, using psychological methods and research to make positive changes to clients’ lives and offering various forms of treatment, whilst working in partnership with clients in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition.
- Identify psychological, emotional or behavioral issues.
- Assess clients’ needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of their behaviour.
- Develop and evaluate service provision for clients.
- Devise and monitor appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment.
- Monitor client progress through regular meetings or sessions.
- Teach classes.
- Conduct research.
Education and Qualification
- A degree in Psychology, Clinical Psychology or Guidance and Counselling.
- Good listening skills.
- Empathy and a person-centred approach to clients.
- Ability to cope with emotional situations.
- Ability to respond to difficult situations.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of academic psychology and research to clinical problems.
- The capacity to be critical and analytical and to work in a self-motivated, independent way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with people in distress.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines.
- The determination to succeed.
- A strong understanding of the profession.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com