Location: Adamawa, Borno, Cross River
General Objective of the Position
- Provide direction and oversight to JRS Nigeria’s programming. Coordination with members of the national office, regional office and field teams for effective support in the implementation of quality education.
- Strengthening the quality of JRS-Nigeria education programs, through continuous investigation and the proposal of improvements in education, within the framework of international standards on education in emergencies.
- Harmonization of JRS education strategy for Nigeria based on JRS values and international strategy for Education.
- Accompanying refugees/IDPs in the process of integration into the national education system.
- Building the capacity of local educational institutions in project areas to allow for sustainability.
- Regular coordination with the various actors of Education in Nigeria, UNHCR, partners, education cluster, Federal Ministry of Education, SUBEB and other administrative authorities, to ensure the effective exchange of information, technical support and advocacy in the field of education, design framework for humanitarian education in Nigeria.
- Work with team members to develop and implement education projects
Main Responsibilities of the Position
Planning of Activities
Under the supervision of the Country Director, plan and prepare monthly activities for effective support of education programs implemented in JRS Nigeria.
- Define and harmonize the educational strategy for JRS-Nigeria, in alignment with the JRS Interantional and West Africa Regional strategy..
- Joint planning, technical support and supervision in the implementation of educational activities of project activities.
- Provision and development of materials and reference documents for the work of the field teams in education.
- Support Head of programme and Project education managers in the development of annual projects.
- Build the capacity of teachers.
- Supervision and coordination of ongoing training plans for projects.
- Implementation and improvement of the educational monitoring plan for JRS Nigeria.
- Technical support for the JRS projects.
- Accompaniment of the support work of Parents’ Associations and SBMCs, support and strengthen the process of community participation.
- Technically support the JRS team in developing the exit strategy for projects
- Ensure coordination with the various actors of Education in Nigeria
- Regular participation in education coordination meetings with UNHCR, EIEWG and other partners, education cluster and coordination meetings with the Federal Ministry of Education.
- Support field teams in the technical work of coordination with the decentralized services of the State.
- Ensure the effective exchange of information, technical support and advocacy within the framework of humanitarian education in Nigeria between JRS and other actors.
Write and share monthly activity reports with the National Head of Program.
- Participate in identifying education needs in the field and new opportunities
- Propose or develop and implement useful frameworks for the evaluation of indicators regarding the impact of our projects on the quality of education in the camps.
- Gather, track data through approved standardized tools, methods to monitor program process outcomes
- Prepare reports for submission on a regular basis and by established deadlines.
Qualification and Competence
- Bsc in Education.
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years in the education in a Humanitarian organization or have at least 5 years of experience in the field of teaching
- Experience working with refugees or forcibly displaced persons. Knowledge of the reality of life in refugee and IDP camps.
- Knowledge of Nigerian education systems.
- Knowledge of the functioning of educational centers and training of teachers.
- Knowledge of international standards on emerging education.
- Perfect command of English (oral and written) and a Nigerian Language
- Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Attitude and professional behavior: dynamism, ability to coordinate and work in a team, autonomy in the exercise of one’s duties, leadership, honesty, sense of organization.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Ability to take initiative and bring innovative ideas.
- Direction of communication.
- Sense of discretion and responsibility.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
- Ability to work in an environment under pressure.
Method of Application
Kindly note, only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
Due to the number of CV to be reviewed early birds have upper hand.
1. only qualified candidates would be contacted
2. In the Subject section of the email, state Job position applied for and location
3. Indicate expected Take home pay on CV
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com