Location: Ondo state
Job Duties and Tasks
- Facilitate Provision of a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Teach basic skills such as colour, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips. Skills Needed
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of oneself and others to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Abilities Needed
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision Knowledge, Experience, Education Required
- A passion for working with and caring for young children while a degree in education would be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in a Playgroup/Reception/Nursery/ Primary school
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language — Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, and grammar.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Diploma.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com applicants to use Job Title as Subject in Email and should reside in Ondo State and Environs.