Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Role: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract. This is an unaccompanied position.
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
- The Education in Emergencies (EiE) Specialist provides technical and strategic leadership to the Emergency Team and the Country Office in Maiduguri on education response and recovery
- You will be responsible for developing and disseminating the EiE strategy; developing, leading and managing quality program design; and developing and testing tools that can be used in the field
- You will be expected to engage in networking with other agencies (NGOs and INGOs), UN bodies such as OCHA, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNHCR, Donors, institutions and foundations, government and other major or critical stakeholders.
Do you have what it takes?
- In order to succeed in this challenging role you will need demonstrable experience working in Education in Emergency or with children at risk in fragile and challenging environments
- Demonstrated experience in leading assessment activities and of designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating education programs in emergencies for international NGOs.
- Experience in applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards)
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of representation, including Cluster coordination, and ability to represent Plan International Niger effectively in external forums.
- Experience of representation and negotiation, as well as preparing successful funding proposals for donors and government, with a focus on gender issues.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Experience in complex decision making and working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- Circa USD50,000.00 USD per annum plus benefits
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on jobs.plan-international.org to apply