Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The purpose of this role is to support the Implementation of GIZ education project.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates with Project coordinator in-charge of GIZ project. Supports the strengthening and training of the school based management committees, training of teachers working with local partners and the distribution of materials as well as follow ups and monitoring of project activities.
- The incumbent will be expected to perform the following roles:
- Responsible for the direct implementation of the project activities in the selected local government areas(LGAs)
- Facilitation SBMC training and support for the strengthening of the SBMCs.
- Support and facilitate the training of teachers in pedagogy and in service.
- Work closely with the local partners to mobilize the communities in which the project will be implemented.
- Provide weekly and monthly project reports to the project coordinator.
- Raise purchase requests for the project and make follow ups with the logistics team to ensure timely procurement of the project materials.
- In the absence of the project coordinator, act on behalf of the project coordinator.
- Contribute to resource mobilization through updating Plan International through the project coordinator by providing updates on the needs in the communities, participate in needs assessment and provide lessons learnt and feedback to improve project quality and implementation.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyze possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist for consideration.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Community mobilizations skills.
- Facilitation and training skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language and Hausa
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.