Deloitte one of the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
We recruiting for the position of Senior LGA Education Facilitator.
Location: Adamawa and Yola.
Expected years of experience: 2
Reference Number: DUN047
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Senior LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF Education Programme in Adamawa state.
- The Senior LGA Facilitator will assist with the timely implementation of the UNICEF Education project which is aimed at ensuring school-aged children, especially girls, internally Displaced Person (IDPs) and out of school children have access to education and learning opportunities in safe environment and benefit from a strengthened quality education system in the respective state.
- Area of Coverage: â€‹Adamawa: Fufore and Guyuk
- Support planning, implementation of EIE activities at LGA level in collaboration with an implementing partner, Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs), State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEB) and State Ministries of Education (SMoE).
- Present/explain to LGA level stakeholders, beneficiary groups (teachers, students and community) and local government partners, the education programme deliverables, their roles and expected results of the programme and the change the programme aims to support using materials developed by UNICEF.
- Hold focus group discussions with stake holders at community levels on key aspects of the programme.
- Monitor quality implementation of education activities according to national standards, working in close collaboaration with other sectors particularly, WASH and Child protection sectors.
- Support and monitor distribution of education supplies in close coordination with SUBEB/LGEA.
- Conduct classroom observation of teachers’ application of teaching techniques/skills learned from training.
Evidence-based Planning and Reporting:
- Maintain database on key education targets using tools provided by the UNICEF Education section.
- Regularly communicate with UNICEF Field office education staff responsible for the EIE activities and discuss issues of concern on the implementation of projects.
- Provide fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress report on the status of the project activities.
- Support documentation of best practices and lessons learned from implementation.
- Develop at least one human interest story per month.
- Provide high resolution photos of implemented activities.
- University Degree or Diploma in Education and/or other related to Social Science field (advanced degree in the same field is an added advantage) or relevant experience.
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in English AND one other local language preferably Hausa/Fulfude for Adamawa.
- Minimum two years’ experience in implementing, supporting managing projects with government counterparts, in an aid organization or community-based organization.
- Two years’ experience in education programming.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the geographical of responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and conflict affected environment.
- Good understanding of Education in emergencies, girl education, community involvement and participation.
- The role reports to the State Education Specialist (NOC).
- The contract duration is 8 Months.
Location: Adamawa Application Link
Location: Yobe Application Link