- The Vice Chancellor is the executive and academic head of the university. He/She is the chief exponent of the vision and mission of the university and his/her office serves as the nerve center of activities in areas of protocol, external relations and coordination of various internal organs.
- The Vice Chancellor oversees the ruining of the day-to-day administration of the university and is responsible for ensuring that the goals of the university are met.
- He/she is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, financial and material resources of the university.
- The Vice Chancellor must be therefore be competent at a times to advise Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University. He /She is by virtue of his/her office, a member of Council, Chairman of Senate, Chairman of the Congregation and any other authority of the University set up by Statute and of any Board or Committee appointed by any of those bodies.
The success of the Vice-Chancellor depends on his/her ability to lead, motivate and inspire academic and non-teaching staff as well as students and all other stakehoders to work towards the central purpose of the University to advance learning and enhance talent.
Specifically, therefore, the candidate shall be expected to be a person with:
- Must be a person of proven integrity, academic and administrative competence to provide effective leadership to a high profile academic community
- God-fearng uprightness and moral standard.
- Someone who appreciates and acts on merit.
- Outstanding leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve corporate goals
- A proven tracK record of academic excellence such as to be able to command the respect of the national and international academic communities and colleagues
- A clear vision for further development of the university as well as readiness to implement the vision of the University
- A proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants ability to attract extra funds and mobilise other resources for the development of the university
- Excellent interpersonal relations.
Must be physically and mentally fit; and:
- Be a person with good grasp of information and communication technology skills relevant to contemporary times:
- The candidate must have spent at least fifteen (15) years in the University system. With at least, 10 years as Professor with appropriate academic, research and administrative experiences.
Salary and other Conditions
The salary, remunerations and other conditions of service will be as contained in Tansian University Conditions of Service.
Method of Application
Applications should be made in fifteen (15) copies accompanied by 15 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates should request their referees to submit confidential reports on them to the University.
Each application must be accompanied by 15 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the University.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit under confidential cover all applications and supporting documents marked “Application for the Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left hand corner of the envelope to:
The Chairman, Board of Trustees,
C/O The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Tansian University Umunya,
P.M.B. 0006, Umunya,
Applicants in view of limited response time are advised to send soft copies of their Application documents as listed above to: firstname.lastname@example.org