Nashville school in need of English Language Teacher.
Nashville School is a newly established International Secondary school in Lekki Phase II, Lagos. Our vision is to raise excellent students and we need excellent minds to achieve this task. Below are the available job positions.
- Minimum: A good honours degree in Education in the subject applied for (e.g B.A. Ed, B.Sc.Ed. etc) with minimum of second class upper Division and three (3) years post qualification experience
- Additional Qualification or IGCSE and IB Curriculum background will be an added advantage
- Preparing and teaching of lessons as set out in the curriculum, setting the assessment tasks and marking students’ work
- Maintaining accurate records of student attendance, student academic progress and personal management skills
- Developing units of work for the subjects taught, according to the agreed curriculum
- Writing students’ reports
- Communicating with parents/guardians, particularly through official Parent/Teacher meetings.
- Fulfilling the requirements of the particular department in areas such as: promotion of the department, availability for co-curricular activities in the department, development of evaluation and assessment policies and procedures, and attendance at meetings.
- Investigating and applying developments in subject content and education initiatives
- Collaborating with colleagues in their subject area/s, when appropriate.
- Maintaining contact with subject networks, as necessary.
- Assisting the Head of Department in curriculum organisation.
- Working with the Classroom Teacher regarding issues of pastoral care.
- Completing other duties as required by the Principal
Method of Application
Detailed Application should include copies of applicant’s credentials (O’Level Result inclusive).
Application could EITHER be sent online or by post, or both:
EMAIL SUBJECT: NASHVILLE, followed by POST APPLIED FOR
ADDRESS: P. O. Box 4504, Surulere, Lagos
· Curriculum Vitae should be sent in the following order.
- Name in Full with surname first (BOLDLY WRITTEN)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (with dates and institution)
- Statement of Experience including all former and present position
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and telephone number of three (3) referees
- 1Telephone and email address (SELF)
Candidates should please include three (3) self-addressed envelopes with Fifty Naira only (N50.00) stamp on each. All physical applications with credentials should be addressed to:
P. O. Box 4504, Surulere, Lagos
Applicants should indicate on the envelopes containing their applications the positions applied.