Requisition Number: STAND01645
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
- Creative is seeking a Standards Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Standards Specialist will be responsible for assisting coordination and development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international short-term technical assistance (STTA), ensuring alignment with English and Hausa education standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Assessment and Standards Advisor.
The Standards Specialist will:
- Coordinate the development of early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria;
- Provide leadership for the development and/or adaptation of curricula and instructional materials, in coordination with the Information and Communication Technology and materials development specialist;
- Develop, implement, and support teacher, school leader, and local government authority staff training in early literacy methods and materials, in coordination with the teacher training specialists;
- Coordinate with staff in state offices to ensure the fidelity and quality of program implementation at the school level;
- Coordinate with the monitoring and evaluation team to develop knowledge-sharing efforts related to early literacy, including communication briefs and presentations on achievements and lessons learned; and
- Coordinate with the project director and home office technical team to share lessons learned, problem-solve, and ensure that work in the field meets the highest standards of quality and is consistent with the state of the art in early grade
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Educational Qualification in Standards, or related fields;
- At least 10 years of general experience and five (5) years of experience in measurement, evaluation and student assessment;
- Expert knowledge in reading instruction;
- Demonstrated experience in measurement, evaluation and assessment report writing;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.