- We seek to hire a Career Counsellor who is a good listener, confidential, very resourceful and observant with problem-solving skills.
- Help students set realistic academic and career goals and develop a plan to achieve them. Evaluate students’ abilities and interests through aptitude assessments, interviews, and individual planning.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to help students succeed.
- The Career Counsellor collaborates directly with students, parents, and College/Universities Admissions Representatives.
Includes but not limited to following:
- The Career Counsellor guides and monitors student progress to and through graduation, assists students and families in consideration of the extensive range of school/college options and prepare/positions students for the processes and procedures that will make them successful applicants
- The College/Career Counsellor tracks students through their subject combinations, assisting them as appropriate, and uses the information generated to adjust programs and services for current students
- They collect information about schools and programs for clients interested in pursuing post-secondary education
- Career counselors help people develop career plans, and educate student about the labor market
- Use assessments, to help students evaluate their interests, skills, and abilities
- Guide Students through making decisions about their careers, such as choosing the type of degree to pursue
- Assist students in locating and applying for schools/internship programs as appropriate, by helping and teaching them strategies to find openings and how to write a résumé, cover letter, motivation letter and other writings for school/internship application
- Help student select and apply for additional educational programs to obtain the necessary skill set/credentials preparing them for higher institution and the labour market
- Any other duty related to the role as required by the school
- B.Ed in Counselling or any related field
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent Communication skills and work ethics
- Ability to be confidential and mentor as appropriate
- Excellent IT skills
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes:
- Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the seven core values of the school:
- Child Centredness
- The school expects all staff members to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body.
- The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
- In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.