- You will create a stimulating atmosphere that can help the optimal development of children in accordance with our British EYFS + Nigerian primary educational curriculum. You will care for kids within the age of 6 months – 11 Years. The following are oversights of your role:
Implementation of Educational Curriculum:
- Together with the Educational specialist- Head of Academics, you will develop educational activity plans for children in our various leaning groups.
- Prepare, Implement & coordinate, daily, weekly and monthly learning activities that is in accordance with our educational curriculum, and will also meet the children’s developmental needs.
- Participate and coordinate during children’s meal time.
Supervision and Documentation Roles:
- Ensure that children are always supervised, especially during structured and unstructured-play activities.
- Ensure that the class room atmosphere is always a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Document the children’s daily engagements and their attained development milestone.
- Integrate special needs for children in a positive and respectful manner, and implement positive discipline when required.
Communication with parents:
- With the approval of the Educational Specialist and Head of School, you will communicate updates on child development to the parents, and maintain confidentiality of children information when necessary
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress, and discuss identified problems and needs with parents when necessary.
- Participate in community activities and support the school to promote literacy on early education amongst parents and guardians.
- General care for children – keep them tidy, neat and presentation
- Place the children down for naps and bedtime
- Receive children during drop-off and pick-up and ensure that parents sign all necessary forms
- Ensure orderliness in keeping children material and items in place and intact during pick up time.
- Candidate must be at least 22 years of age, and authorized to work in Nigeria
- Candidate must have relevant work experience (not less than 3 years) as an assistant educator in an earlychildhood school setting. You must possess technical understanding of the British EYFS and Nigerian primary educational curriculum.
- Candidate must possess working knowledge on first aid for young children
- Candidate must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with good ethical behaviors
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, with ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Candidate must have the ability to stay calm under stressful conditions
- Candidate must have an excellent command of English.
- 7.00 AM to 4.00 PM, from Monday to Friday.
- Basic salary is NGN 25,000/month.
- Holiday allowance will be paid, calculated as 1.2 % of yearly gross salary and will be paid in December.
- Additional bonuses may be paid depending on your performance and the company yearly profit rating. Bonus may vary between NGN 0 – NGN 100,000 per year.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject: Position you are applying for.
- Attachment: Include a motivational letter as part of the email body.
- Occasionally training/meeting may be organized for Saturdays.