Starting Date: 5th September, 2019.
- Do you want the opportunity to deliver a fun, interactive and creative curriculum? This role is to start very soon so if this sounds like the job for you, please don’t delay in applying!
- We are recruiting for the role of a highly qualified History Teacher for the next academic year .
- This is a fabulous opportunity for a multi-dimensional teacher who is looking to join an optimal team. The school is very inclusive filled with a vision to instil in students: sense of discipline, self-confidence, strong academic foundation, healthy competition, family & moral values, compassion & love for all fellow humans.
Summary of Role
- To deliver outstanding teaching of History and related subjects to Junior and Senior Secondary School students
- To ensure effective student learning in and enthusiasm for the subject
- To guide students to attain excellent cumulative assessment results across varied assessment formats
- Plan, resource and deliver imaginative, interactive and inspiring lessons from an integrated IGCSE and WASSCE curriculum
- Keep regularly up to date with current affairs related to History to connect topics of instruction to real life
- Regularly undertake professional development activities towards improvement of teaching technique and classroom management
- Ensure that all students make excellent progress and attain understanding of each topic
- Differentiate lessons as required to build confidence in every student, regardless of learning ability
- Use regular and varied assessments to monitor progress and set targets
- Respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring to differentiate intervention
- Ensure all streams of a class are given equal topic coverage and forms of assessment
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents, to report on progress, sanctions and achievements
- Utilise 21st century teaching tools to enhance learning
- Promote sound literacy, numeracy research and presentation skills in all students
- Support all students in the acquisition and development of learning dispositions and positive character traits
- Contribute to the effective working of the Department of Social Sciences
- Represent the school at all public events and interschool or international activities
- Be punctual to school, period allocations and all duties assigned
- Perform all additional duties diligently and consistently
- Work respectfully with colleagues, especially the HOD and senior management
- Avoid all conflicts of interest out of school hours
- Abide by teaching codes of ethics and all school policies
- Be a role-model and impact positively on the school
- Degree level or above in History or a related field
- Experience teaching at secondary level
- Experience teaching or tutoring WAEC content for senior students
- No prison record or prior terminations of appointment
- Up to date knowledge of IGCSE and national curricula for Ancient History, Modern History, West African History and Nigerian History
- Ability to partake in curriculum development for the comprehensive and streamlined teaching of History across all years.
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistent enthusiasm in the subject among adolescents
- Competent research and IT skills
- Commitment to inclusive methods of teaching and learning
- Creativity and critical thinking skills
- Ability to utilise local materials as activity and project resources
- Openness to new knowledge, soft skills and ways of working
- Sound understanding of behaviour management, the importance of clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and recognition
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Readiness to take personal responsibility, reflect and self-evaluate
- Energetic, fit
- Sense of humour
- Ability to tell good short stories to enhance learning
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.