- For effective education, skills acquisition of students and reorganization of the Polytechnic system in Imo State, four Polytechnics bills have been passed into laws for effective funding and service delivery with innovations in the training of middle and high-level manpower geared toward the technological development of the country.
The Registrar is the Chief administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and he/she is responsible or accountable to the Rector in the discharge of all his/her duties, In addition, he/she performs these other functions:
- Secretary to the Governing Council and all its Committees.
- Secretary to the Academic Board;
- Responsible for keeping all the records and correspondence of the Polytechnic;
- Issuing Certificates or Statement of Results to graduands and
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Rector.
Qualifications And Experience
Candidates for the position of Registrar must have:
- Good honors degree (not less than second class lower division)
- He/She must have at least 15 years experience, five (5) of which must have been spent as Deputy Registrar in the Polytechnic or similar Academic institutions or possess a bachelor’s degree in law with at least 15 years post Call to the Nigerian Bar.
- Possession of post graduate degree in relevant field will be an additional advantage.
- The Candidate must have advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
- Must be a member of an administrative professional body or other relevant bodies.
- He/She must be of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound and have good human relations.
- He/She must not be mot that fifty-five (55) years at the point of assumption of duty in the Polytechnic.
Terms Of Appointment
The Registrar shall serve for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be re-appointed for a further period of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 15 copies of their Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials. The Curriculum Vitae shall contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first) in block letters
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- State of Marriage, if applicable
- Local Government of Origin
- Local Government of Marriage
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained including members/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work experience including full details of former and present duties with dates
- List of publication, if applicable
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received.
- Name and Address of (3) Referees. Each Referee must be contacted to forward directly to the Consultant, a Confidential Report on the applicant’s character, academic and administrative competence in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee/Post of Registrar” at the top left corner of the envelope
All Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked at the top left corner, “Application For The Post Of Registrar” to:
C/o Senior Special Assistant (Special Duties),
Office of the Secretary of the Government of Imo State,
Government House Annex, Owerri,