RTI International in need of Education Research Consultant.
Project: Learning at Scale
Reports to: Education Research Officer
Potential Work Locations: Kenya/India/Tanzania/Ghana/Nigeria/Pakistan/Nepal/TBD
Position : EDUCATION RESEARCH CONSULTANT
SCOPE OF WORK
To support the Learning at Scale research study, we seek a qualified Education Research Consultant. This research consultant will facilitate and coordinate the research study by engaging with the Ministry of Education, the organization being researched, and the data collection firms in each country. The Education Research consultant will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide access to key government education officers in the country
- Guide the process of getting research approval in the country
- Support the relationships with the organization being researched as well as the data collection firm hired
- Assist in identifying potential data collection firms and communications
- Manage logistics related to meetings and workshops
- Train assessors in the research study
- Support the data collection process in the schools and government offices in the sampled sites.
- Supervise assessors during data collection.
- Create and maintain cordial relations with the government officials and respondents in the field.
- Maintain regular communication with the Education Research Officer and the Principal Investigator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Education Research Officer or the Principal InvestigatorThis is a short-term consultancy for a period not exceeding 15 days to carry out the tasks as outlined above. Future consultancy arrangements may be discussed upon successful completion of these tasks. REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education or a research related field
- Good communication and report writing skills
- At least 8 years’ experience in the education sector in the stated country
- Significant experience in educational research and the research process
- Close relationships with key education officials in the government
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Excellent managerial, supervisory, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in the official and national languages of the country of interest.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level in English.
- Must be currently based in the country of interest.
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications, please send a cover letter and CV, with a list of three references and contact information. In the subject line of your email, please include Research Consultant and the country name which you’re applying to support. Applications should be submitted by email to LASemail@example.com , and must be received before August 28, 2019.
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
Note: The countries listed here are illustrative, pending later confirmation which RTI will communicate. RTI is beginning the search process with these illustrative countries and currently welcomes applicants meeting the qualifications and able to