Shanahan Polytechnic, Orlu, IMO state in need of a Rector.
- For effective education, skills acquisition of students and reorganization of the Polytechnic system in Imo State, four Polytechnics bills have been passed into laws for effective funding and service delivery with innovations in the training of middle and high-level manpower geared toward the technological development of the country.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive, Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, monetary and material resources of the Polytechnic. The Rector shall, therefore, be competent to always advice the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the Polytechnic.
- The candidate shall submit a statement of his/her vision/mission for the Polytechnic which should be not more than one thousand words(1000) words.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must be distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records. Specifically, the candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum of Doctorate Degree in any of the taught programs of the Polytechnic or related disciplines coupled with not less than twenty (20) years of cognate experience in tertiary institutions.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic.
- Have advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
- A proven and demonstrable ability to attract National and International research and development grants.
- Demonstrate ability to attract and retain highly skilled professional and talented teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and other members of the Polytechnic Community/Stakeholders
- Candidate must not be more than sixty (60) years at the time of appointment.
Terms Of Appointment
The rector shall serve for a single tenure of five (5) only upon terms and conditions to be determined by the Irno State Government from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 15 copies of their Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials. The Curriculum Vitae shall contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first) in block letters
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- State of Marriage, if applicable
- Local Government of Origin
- Local Government of Marriage
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained including members/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work experience including full details of former and present duties with dates
- List of publication, if applicable
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received.
- Name and Address of (3) Referees. Each Referee must be contacted to forward directly to the Consultant, a Confidential Report on the applicant’s character, academic and administrative competence in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee/Post of Registrar” at the top left corner of the envelope
All Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked at the top left corner, “Application For The Post Of Registrar” to:
C/o Senior Special Assistant (Special Duties),
Office of the Secretary Of The Government Of Imo State,
Government House Annex, Owerri,